About the Muster
The National Rural Women’s Coalition (NRWC) has developed the unique RRR Women’s Canberra Muster leadership Program over the last five years. Each year a selected cohort of RRR women ‘Muster’ in Canberra to be inspired, learn, network and grow their leadership skills and ‘giveback’ to their community through a volunteer project of their design.
The NRWC RRR Women’s Canberra Muster 2019, is now accepting applications from women living in rural, regional and remote Australia that are 40 years+ Over a 4 day program of TheMuster will enable participants to:
- Learn skills for effective advocacy on issues faced in their
- Examine the knowledge, skills and capacities required to lead
- Be introduced to and hear from experienced leaders from
- diverse backgrounds
- Have increased confidence in the Boardroom environment
- Visit Parliament House to gain a better understanding of political
- decision making processes and advocacy, and
- Be prepared to implement a community leadership project
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 13TH SEPTEMBER 2019 5PM AEST
I walked away knowing that I could look after myself and still be influential in the life of others.
The Program is for you if
- You want to grow your leadership capacity
- You are keen to make a difference to your community
- You seek to understand more about the political process
- You want to learn more about effective communication and negotiation
- You have a project you would like to develop to build capacity of other rural women.
The Muster is themed ‘Strengthening Communities through RRR Women’s Leadership & Innovation’ and will encompass a range of speakers who will share their personal leadership experience including framing an advocacy issue, bringing an issue to the attention of policy makers, working politically, shaping public opinion and forming strategies that assist your voice to be heard. Participants will strengthen their community through their volunteer project.
About the Program
The NRWC supports the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). Targets for SDG 5 – Gender Equality and SDG 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth are addressed through the NRWC: RRR Women’s Canberra Muster 2019 program as well.
- The Muster participants will be selected to attend a 4 day residential program in Canberra to learn skills to enable them to effectively advocate on issues facing community.
- Participants will be professionally facilitated through a group-learning process of examining the knowledge, skills and capacities required to lead effectively.
- Increase capacity and confidence within a Boardroom
- Participants will be introduced to, and hear from experienced leaders from diverse backgrounds.
- A visit to Parliament House will include developing a better understanding of the political decision-making process and hone advocacy skills.
- Participants will implement a leadership project after the residential program within 4 months and report the outcomes back to the group.
It promises to be an inspiring and empowering 4 days with outcomes that will change the way you think about leadership! NRWC will fund accommodation, meals and the residential training program while attendees are in Canberra. Travel arrangements to and from Canberra need to be made by the attendee.
She led us without pressure: we were suddenly where we were meant to be in our leadership journey and the implications of being leaders in our communities. MT is Amazing.Download Muster Details (PDF)
What Participants say about facilitator Meredith Turnbull