Jan Clifford represents the Australian Local Government Women’s Association on the National Rural Women’s Coalition Board. Councillor Clifford was re-elected in the 2016 Queensland local government elections as the representative for Division 1 of the Whitsunday Regional Council, making this her third successive term as a Councillor.
Jan is well known for her energy and commitment to the well-being of the Whitsunday area and its citizens and is an active member of the community, serving on many boards and committees and volunteering at events. Jan has called the Whitsundays home since early 1995 after a long career across Australia in various management, sales and marketing roles.
In 1997 Jan started her own sales and marketing business and was voted Best Sales Representative by A.F.T.A. She was eventually drawn to Council to be of service to the Whitsunday Region and its people. Jan has completed a Diploma in Management and has recently been recognized as a Paul Harris Fellow with Rotary International.
Known as a strong advocate for protecting and preserving the natural environment in the Whitsundays, both on the mainland and in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Jan is also on a number of committees:
- QLD Delegate to the Australian Local Government Women’s Association National Executive
- Regional Development Australia
- Rates Relief Advisory Committee
- Reef Catchments
- Safe Night Out Precinct
- Whitsunday Housing Committee
- Whitsunday PCYC - Whitsunday Rivers Improvement Trust
- Environment Recovery Sub-Group
- Whitsunday Sports Park
- Regional Arts Development Fund
- Traffic Advisory Committee
- Logan’s Adventure Playground Committee